Monday, May 27, 2013

Review: Color Club Halo Hues 2013

Hey Guys!


So, if you follow me on Instagram or Facebook, you know I have been playing around with the new Color Club Halo Hues 2013 collection for the last week.  I decided to do an in depth review for you here in case you are considering tracking these holographic polishes down.




First up is Kismet!

Kismet is a beautiful yellow green hollow and it is just gorgeous in real life.  This is a great spring/summer color and is a fantastic alternative to some of the silver holographics out there.


Next is Cosmic Fate!

Cosmic Fate is one of my favorites.  It's a nice peachy "neutral" holo that can liven up any outfit and is definitely one of the most "work appropriate" colors in this collection.

Miss Bliss!


Miss Bliss makes me think of one thing.  UNICORN FARTS!!! Ok, now that you have that visual burned into your brain, let me explain.  One of my favorite fragrances is from Fortune Cookie Soap and it is called Unicorn Farts.  It's a lovely pinky fruity floral scent that is so whimsical and fun.  If Unicorn Farts was a nail polish, Miss Bliss would be it!


Over the Moon!
I am over the moon for Over the Moon!  This is a very close second for my favorite of this collection.  Just look at that SHINE!

Eternal Beauty!

This one was voted favorite by almost all of my friends and family on Facebook.  It is absolutely gorgeous.  My mother has threatened to steal it from me (but I decided to give it to her anyway).  This is not my favorite but I do love it :)

Beyond!

Hands down, my absolute favorite in this collection.  I don't know what it is but I find this one to be STUNNING.  . The holo effect is more subtle in this one than all the others.  You really need to have lots of light shining right on it to see the rainbow but once you do....WOW.  I look at it and all I see is a vast universe scattered across my nails I can't wait to use this in a galaxy mani.  When I do, I will be sure to share the pictures with all of you.

Something about these polishes that totally amazed me is that it only took 2 coats to reach full opacity- even on the lightest colors!  I did not have to use a base color to make them pop.  These photos are just of the polish over my regular Orly Binder base coat.  I also topped them with Seche Vite and was thrilled to find out that it did not dull the holo effect at all.  The drying time on these polishes is very good.  They become touch dry within minutes, even before I used my Seche Vite top coat.  No risk of smudging and smearing these polishes before you have a chance to finish your mani.  I'm also super impressed by how easy they are to remove.  I have no trouble at all taking it off with my regular, non-acetone polish remover.  It comes off just as easily as any cream polish, unlike glitter which always take acetone and aluminum foil.  This is a great way to get a high impact sparkle on your nails without the pain of a glitter removal routine.  The holo effect is so cool and so different.  I have gotten so many compliments on  every single one of these, I can't even count them all.  If you are new to nail art, or just don't even bother, these halo hues polishes are a great way to go to get some really fancy looking phalanges!

I purchased mine through Amazon for about $40.  That comes out to less than $7 per polish which ain't too shabby.  I got my polishes in less than a week, which was great, but I did have one problem... and it was a biggie.  If you look at my picture with Eternal Beauty, you can plainly see it...


About a third of the bottle leaked in transit.  BUMMER!  Each bottle was individually wrapped in bubble wrap, tightly and taped closed.  I think what happened was that whoever wrapped this bottle accidentally twisted the lid and opened the seal slightly.  There are no cracks in the bottle and I haven't had any leaks since I opened it.  Unfortunately, that still means I lost a lot of polish :(

The Amazon dealer I got these from is JVbeautysupply.  I debated whether or not to share this info because I do really think it was an honest mistake.  It looks like it happened when the dealer was trying to carefully wrap the bottle to prevent it from breaking during transit.  I have not filed a complaint because it didn't look like it was done because someone was being thoughtless.  It looked like it happened because someone tried to protect it.  Like I said, an honest mistake.  I wanted to let you guys know, just in case you still want to avoid this buyer- but I really do think it was a fluke.

You can find these polishes on Amazon and Ebay from lots of different vendors.  Make sure the price point is between $6-$7 per polish, or else you might be getting ripped off.  I bought the whole set, but you can find these polishes sold individually as well if you don't want all the colors.  You can also buy them from the Color Club website below:
Color Club Halo Hues 2013

As far as where to find these in store, I have heard rumors on the intArwebs that you can find them at Duane Reed, Rite Aide, Harmon, Winner's and other drug stores.  We don't have any of these in Austin, TX so I really couldn't tell you for sure.  I have never seen these at my local drug stores so I had to go online.

I guess that's about it!  I love these polishes and I am so glad to have them in my collection.  My mother is so in love with Eternal Beauty and Miss Bliss that I decided to give her mine now that I have tested them out and done all my swatching.  I'll miss them, but I know she will get more use out of them than I will.  I'm really more drawn to Beyond an Over the Moon anyway.

Oh! and BTW, these look fantastic in nail art designs!  Today, I decided to go for something subtle so I used a dotting tool to apply Beyond around the edges of my nails.  For the base color I used Essie Sand Tropez.  I think they came out pretty cute! What do you think????



Please, don't forget to follow me on Instagram @thewooflingdiva

And leave a comment letting us know what you think of the Color Club Halo Hues 2013 collection.

Peace, love and good snoots ya'll!
Dawn aka thewooflingdiva


No comments:

Post a Comment