Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Milani Texture Polish Review: Spoiled in Fuchia

Hey guys!
I am still on my nail polish/nail art kick so I thought it was a good time to review a nail polish that is right on trend right now: Milani Texture!
Textured nail polish is all the rage right now and thank goodness one of our beloved drugstore brands has decided to cash in.  This spring, Milani launched their Texture line- a line of beautiful, bold colors with a sandy textured finish.  I wasn't sure how I felt about the trend but when I saw Milani's Spoiled in Fuchia, I knew I had to have it.




Isn't it gorgeous?!  I love this color! Two coats and you have full opacity with no streaking.
As for the texture? Very sandy.  Very grainy.  It feels a lot like a fine grain sandpaper.  Very cool... But also very very scratchy.  I have extremely sensitive skin and I found I couldn't really tolerate wearing it for more than a couple days.  As beautiful and interesting as it is, I felt icky and uncomfortable by the end of my second day.  That's not to say I wouldn't use this again.  I totally will.  But I would not expect to keep it on for long.  On the other hand, it makes for an excellent back scratching mani ;P


Because I had a difficult time with a full mani with this polish, I tried it as an accent in some blocked nail art.  I really liked using this polish as an accent.  Although, it is still, of course, scratchy, I had an easier time living with it on only a small portion of my nails.



As for removal, this was very easy to get off!  Much easier than glitter.  A little less easy than regular polish but I didn't need to bust out the foil and the acetone.  Just my regular polish remover worked just fine.  This is really important to me because lately I have been doing my nails several times a week (sometimes daily- I know... I have a problem) and I do not want to spend an hour removing my old manicure.  In less than 5 minutes, I can have this stuff removed from both my hands and move on to the next manicure.  Easy peasy leamon squeezy.


Here's my tip to you if you decide to pick one of these up.  DO NOT USE A TOPCOAT.  I repeat.  DO NOT USE A TOPCOAT.  You will ruin the effect if you use a top coat with this polish.  This is not just a visual texture.  It's a TEXTURE texture.  It's a tactile effect.  It's meant to feel rough.  Don't try to make a penguin fly if you know what I mean.  You'll end up disappointed.


As far as I know, these are limited edition but I am still finding them just about everywhere.  If you're interested, though, better pick them up before they are all gone.  Here is a link to the Milani website in case you can't find these in your area anymore:

 http://milanicosmetics.com/p-161-texture-creams.aspx

Spoiled in Fuchia was really the only color that spoke to me out of this line, but I will keep an eye out in case Milani decides to expand the collection, which, I hope they do.  From what I can tell, this textured trend is not going anywhere any time soon!


See ya'll next time!

Dawn aka thewooflingdiva

No comments:

Post a Comment