Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Easy nail art for beginners: Gold Glitter Gradient

Hi guys!

Check out this easy gold glitter gradient mani I just did :)

This was very simple.  All I did was start out with a clear base coat (I used Seche Clear).  Let the base coat dry for a few minutes then bust out your glitter polish.  I used Layla Ceramic Effect in CE55.  Start with a very thin coat about 3/4 down your nail and drag toward the nail tip.  It's ok if it's a bit streaky.  In fact, it will help the gradient effect if it is :)

Then, about half way between the start of the polish and the tip, start thickening up the glitter.  I found it easiest to just kind of blob it on with the brush making sure there were lots of glitter chunks filling in the gradient.  Then repeat this blobbing process on the very tips to complete the gradient.  Your last step is to add your glossy top coat to add lots of shine and protect your glitter.  I used 2 coats of top coat (Seche Vite of course) to make sure everything is nice and smooth.  I hate it when my glitter pokes out and snags on things.

Obviously, you can use whatever color glitter you want to make this all your own.  I chose not to use a base color because I love the look of the gradient fading to my natural nail color but this kind of mani looks amazing over base colors.

I hope you like it!  It was a lot of fun and very simple to do.  I hope to do some video nail tutorials for you soon.  I just ordered a new video camera which should arrive any day now so keep an eye out for those on my youtube channel which is linked in our giveaway post right here:

http://girlsneedtoiletpaper.blogspot.com/2013/04/give-away-contest.html?m=1

Don't forget to enter to win our drugstore favorites giveaway and comment to let us know what you would like to see here at GNTP!

For more fun pics of manis, makeup, wooflings and more, follow me on instagram! @thewooflingdiva

Take care!!!
Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment